4.14.2006

子又生孙,孙又生子

Ares and I checked a CDDA S/PDIF channel status bug today. It is about "copy protection" bit in S/PDIF channel status. There are 3 kind of CDDA disks regarding "copy protection":

-- copy free: the disk can be copied, and its children are also copy free. So it is fecund.
-- copy never: the disk can not be copied. So it is eunuch.
-- copy once: the disk can be copied, but its children are "copy never".

I admire Sony and Philips so much that they could create CD-DA system 20 years ago. They really have long period accumulation of audio (digital + analog) expertise. They make good system definitions which are perfect balance between complexity and efficiency, also they are expandable.

Why they can achieve that? I think there's one key reason -- the combination of Sony and Philips is some kind of combination of Oriental and Western culture.

Born in Shandong, the home of Confucius, I myself was greatly influenced by Chinese traditional culture. Thus Sony and Philips connection should be an excellent example for me in order to have good thoughts, successful mental and physical products. Living abroad for several years sounds necessary.

没有评论: